October 26, 2008

October 26th, 2008 blramo12

Hey everyone! This sure was a jam packed weekend for me. For one thing, it was family weekend here on the Hill, so as my parents only live a half an hour away, they came up for the ALANA brunch, hosted in the Hogan Ballroom. A word of advice for all, but if you are ever invited to a meal in Hogan, you should go for it, because the food is generally very, very good. I was especially fond of the potatoes. Several of the students performed, and my favorite was Rhythm Nation, which is the step dancing club here at the college. If you ever get the chance, you should definitely watch them perform.

Later that night, the Science Ambassadors held Hogwarts on the Hill, which is an interactive show for kids in the area to come watch. Honestly, I think I was just as excited as the kids were. Some of the things there were neat. I mean really, how many times in your life do you get to see someone hammer a nail with a banana (that happened to be soaked in liquid nitrogen)?

Speaking of children, today was trick-or-treat day for the children of the faculty here at HC. It was held on the first floor of Wheeler, and I was SO excited. We decorated the hallway with a bunch of stuff, and my only regret is that I hadn’t thought to bring a costume or anything from home to wear today. I saw some siblings dressed as Darth Vader and one of the Jedi, and was exclaiming over them, when I looked up to see their parent…who happened to be my chemistry professor! Not only that, but Professor Farrell was holding a baby Yoda! I think I nearly died from an overdose of cuteness flooding the hallway today.

As it happened, I survived, and now must write up this pesky Montserrat essay…

2 Responses to “October 26, 2008”

1. Hello, could anybody respond to me if the university will accept foreign students? My apologies for questioning here however I cannot really find out this info on the website. Thank you very much!

2. Brandi Ramos says:

Hi Samella! Holy Cross does indeed accept international students. Here is the weblink— http://admissions.holycross.edu/applying/international-students

Good luck!