September 24, 2008

September 24th, 2008 blramo12

Today I was walking back to my dorm from Kimball, when a small family asked me for directions to Admissions. The lady of the group was indicating that they should go to the library, but I told her no, and instructed the little group to head up to O’Kane and keep to the right in order to get to Fenwick. The little family seemed satisfied with those directions and as I glanced back at them trudging up the small (in comparison to the library’s) staircase, I couldn’t help but feel an odd wave of something hit me.

I’m not sure what it was, but it felt really weird being on the other end of the direction giving. I mean, I’ve only been here a month (today is my one month anniversary with good ol’ HC!) but it already feels like home. I was super excited that all those moments of getting lost and finding new ways around the campus had finally come to use, so I could now share my new awesome sense of direction with visitors to the campus.

In fact, I was so proud of my small accomplishment that I had climbed all the way up the Dinand Library steps before I realized that to get to Fenwick from O’Kane, you don’t keep to the right, but stay to the left…

I’m hoping that the little family found one of the numerous “Admissions” signs in the building because apparently, one particular Holy Cross student still needs to learn the difference between left and right.